November 13, 2010

Aiming at expanding my baking capabilities

"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 0 accomplished = 73 recipes to bake

Taking inspiration from the film "Julie & Julia" my objective is to work my way through the baking book "Hjemmebagt - Korn, mel og bagværk fra Skærtoft Mølle" by Hanne Risgaard. Since participating in a baking course at Skærtoft Mølle back in February 2009 I have using the same recipe on walnut buns again, again and yet one more time again. It is a very good recipe, but I believe it is time for me to broaden my baking world. This baking book only contains 73 recipes, so it should be a feasible task to accomplish.


However, I have start my task with this recipe on apple buns from the canteen at work:
  • 5 dl water
  • 10 g yeast
  • 1 tabelspoon honey
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 200 g apple - minced
  • 200 g rough splet flour
  • approx. 600 g wheat flour
  • 1 egg for brushing and sesam
Due to all the moisture is was tricky to get an even weight for very single bun as well getting them baked enough at the bottonn So I believe, I need to practice some more on this apple bun recipe. The taste is good

1 comment:

  1. Hej
    Hjertelig tillykke med din blog.
    Men pas på du bliver nemt afhængdig af den.... bare vent og se....
    God fornøjelse
    Hilsen Hanne
    www.Hannesblog.dk

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...