January 29, 2011

Pickled sweet walnuts

I am a big fan of walnuts as well as almonds. Those are my favourite type of nuts.

On "SWEET NOTHING" I have found this recipe on pickled walnuts: Sweet walnuts by Mai Knauer

Ingredients:
  • 200 g honey (Greek or lavender) - I used orange flower honey instead of
  • 200 g walnuts kernels
  • 1 dl sugar
  • juice and peel of 1 orange
  • 2 dl water
  1. Place the walnuts in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let the water cool down and remove the walnuts.
  2. Peel in the orange and cut the peel into thin pieces. Here I used my zest peeler.
  3. Add sugar, water, orange juice and orange peel in a cooking pot. Let is cook softly until the peel is clear to look through
  4. Boil this syrup down to 1.5 dl in total
  5. Mix honey and syrup together
  6. Place the walnuts in jam jar. Here I always fill the jam jar with boiling water for some minutes, before add the final content into the jar.
  7. Cover the walnuts with the honey-syrup.
  8. To be used together with cheese. I am looking forward to taste these walnuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...