June 15, 2011

Strawberry cake/pie - version 1.0



I looove strawberry cake/pie !!!!! But I DO NOT understand, how a baker without blinking can charge 70 DKK (=9,50 €) for one strawberry cake, which hardly can serve more than 3-4 persons !!!!!! I will look at the price and decided, that this is TOOOO demanding. So I am not buy any strawberry cakes/pie at the Danish bakers in protest against these prices.

So I have start my own project on developing my own favourite and easy to make strawberry cake/pie. And this recipe here is version 1.0. And there is still plenty of room for further improvements, but it is a good first shot. My first focus is on to get the bottom layer perfect.

This pie bottom could have been perfect, if only I had bake ½ the amount, as the baked portion was giving to big a bottom layer. However, the taste is great. And the cake "judges" did their very best to eat up the entire cake, but I had to call in the help of my neighbor to finish the job (thank you number 16 :-)))))

So I will look at other pie bottom options. And I will also be on the look-out for a vanilla cream layer. I will keep you posted on version 1.1 of the "important" cake task !!!!

Do you have a favourite strawberry cake/pie recipe ?

Marzipan pie part: Odense marcipan recipe
  • 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
  • 200 g sugar
  • 150 g wheat flour /cake flour version
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 200 g marzipan
  • Peel of 1 orange - organic
  • 1 tablespoon orange flower extract
  • 60-100 g dark chocolate
  1. Heat the oven to 200'C - normal oven
  2. Whip egg and sugar into a thick cream.
  3. Add the flour and baking powder into the cream. I just used the electrical whipper.
  4. Shred the orange peel
  5. Add orange peel and orange flower extract
  6. Shred the marzipan and add it as well into the dough
  7. Cover a silicone form (24-28 cm) with baking paper.
  8. Pour the dough into the baking form.
  9. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200'C
  10. Cool down the pie.
  11. Melt dark chocolate and cover the surface of the pie with it.
  12. Let the chocolate cool down
  13. Make the vanilla cream filling (here I just a ready-to-use mix and I dare to admit it !) - ½ l cream filling.
  14. Cover the pie with the cream filling.
  15. Cover the cream filling with 500 g fresh strawberries
  16. Eat and BE HAPPY :-))

1 comment:

  1. Uhmm, jeg ELSKER jordbærtærte, men jeg nægter også betale de ublu priser bagerne tager for dem - og hjemmebagte er altså de bedste :-)

    Mange hilsner
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...