July 19, 2011

Raspberry vingear with elder flower


My raspberry bush is giving an amazing yield of raspberries this year. There is actual so many raspberries, that it gives me the opportunity to preserve/save them for enjoyment later on in 2011. So I have been thinking how to do this.

During my extended week-end to Samsø I found some small  Ulla Fredsøe recipe cards with very appealing drawings combined with various recipes. One of these recipe cards had a recipe on raspberry vinegar, which I have decided to twist by adding dried elder flower

Another thing I would like to try with my home-grown raspberries is to make raspberry vodka using a recipe from Almanak by Claus Meyer.

How would you "save" your home-grown raspberries ?


Raspberry vinegar a la Ulla Fredsøe: - 250 ml
  • 1 handful of fresh raspberries
  • 250 ml white wine vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon of dried elder flower
  1. Add boiling water to the glass for 4-5 minutes.
  2. Wash and dried the raspberries.
  3. Empty the glass bottle for the water.
  4. Add the raspberries into the glass bottle.
  5. Add the dried elder flower.
  6. Fill the glass bottle up with white wine vinegar.
  7. Place the glass in the window frame and let it infuse for approx. 1 month.
  8. Remove the raspberries after 1 month.
  9. Store the raspberry vinegar in a dark place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...