September 19, 2011

Plum compote



This is the first version of plum compote, I have been making, using inspiration from Dansuker on plum compote http://www.dansukker.dk/dk/Tema/ÅRET_RUNDT/Sommer/Pluk_blommer.aspx.

I am "in love" with the flavour of star anise, it reminds me about Pernod and Christmas. So if you see me sniffing like a cat in the kitchen, it is because I smelling to the wonderful flavour of spices and herbs with a fantastic smell.

Served the plum compote together with cheese or cold meat.

Plum compote:
  • 24 plums - without stone
  • 1 red pepper fruit
  • 1 red onion
  • 6 star anise
  • 3 dl light sugar syrup
  • 3 teaspoon lemon juice
  1. Remove the stone of the plum, and cut them into smaller pieces using a mini chopper.
  2. Cut the red pepper fruit and the red onion into small pieces using a mini chopper.
  3. Add all the ingredients into a cooking pot.
  4. Heat it up and let it cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Add the pectin gelling powder and let it cook for 2 minutes.
  6. Prepare the storage glasses by filling them with boiling water. I do not use any preservatives in my home-made compote, so this is important to increase shelf-life of your compote. Another thing you can do is to store the jam cold afterwards. There is not enough sugar in this compote to preserve it.
  7. Fill the glass with jam and close the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...