March 01, 2012

Lønnestræde cauliflower soup




If I should make a list over my favourite vegetable, cauliflower would never ever find itself on this list of mine !!!! When I receive cauliflower in my weekly vegetable box, I am always in doubt what to do with this vegetable. I am still on the look out for a perfect recipe, which I can turn to, when I yet again find cauliflower in my weekly box of vegetable.

This time, I decided to take inspiration from this recipe on potato soup, replacing all the potatoes with cauliflower. It is an OK soup and also a good way of getting ride of cauliflower. However, I think, there still is room for improvement/modification, so it could turn into a perfect of using cauliflower in the future.

Lønnestræde Cauliflower soup - serves 2:
  • 1 cauliflower
  • ½ onion
  • 1 cloves of garlic
  • 0.85 l water/vegetable stock
  • 100-150 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
  • salt & pepper
  1. Cut the cauliflower, onions and garlic into smaller pieces
  2. Add the vegetable into the cooking pot
  3. Add also the water/vegetable stock in the cooking pot
  4. Cook for 15-20 minutes
  5. Blend everything together into a homogeneous mass
  6. Add the cream
  7. Season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...