August 05, 2012

Mini Quiche Lorraine


When I saw, that Kate from What Kate Baked (being the hostess of the virtual tea table) had selected the theme for August being picnic pies, I knew at once, that I wanted to bake. Small quiche lorraines was the first thing popping up in my mind.

The Tea Time Table is a monthly blogging event  managed  Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. And I have been a very regular tea guest since January this year, and it is with great pleasure, that I participate in this funny event. Afterwards it is with great interest, that I look at the many fantastic tea time treats, which the other participating bloggers have submitted. I am really impressed by their capabilities and imagination.


Well for my contribution for August I have been mixing two recipes on quiche lorraine together, one by James Price and another from a recipe collection by Alt for Damerne issue 29/2011. 
I liked the idea of making this quiche lorraine into mini format instead of the usual one big size. It will be easier to eat the small format as finger food on a picnic, so you do not have to bring forks, knives and plates with you for a picnic.




Mini Quiche Lorraine: - serves 12 muffin size quiche lorraines + 2 medium size

  • 2 rolls ready to use short pastry - 250 g per roll 
  • 1 onion - chopped
  • 150 g bacon - in cubes
  • 150 g Gruyere cheese - in small cubes
  • 2 eggs - medium/large size
  • 250 g sour cream - 18% fat
  • salt and pepper to season
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
  2. Fry the bacon on a pan - add the onion, when the bacon is releasing it´s own fat. The bacon should be golden, not crispy.
  3. Whip the sour cream and eggs together - season with salt and pepper.
  4. Cut the short pastry dough out in circle size with a diameter of 9 cm. And cover muffin forms with a diameter of 7 cm with this dough.
  5. Add the bacon-onion mix together with the cheese into the bottom of these small pies.
  6. Fill the rest of the pies with egg-sour cream mix.
  7. Bake the mini quiche lorraines at 200'C for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden in colour.
  8. Eat either cold or warm.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kiki, not only for being one our best and most regular contributors to Tea Time Treats but for these perfect little pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, it is great pleasure, that I participate in your Tea Time Treat. It is wonderful to have a theme to come up with ideas for :-) Many kitchen greetings Kiki

      Delete
  2. I'm dropping by via Tea Time Treats. These are so delicious! I would love to have a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mich,

      thank you for your kind comment :-)

      Many tea greetings Kiki

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...