September 27, 2012

Lønnestræde´s Blackberry rum

Blackberry rum with a beautiful red colour - 2 days old
I keep getting blackberries from my good working colleague, so I have to keep thinking of new ways to use these wonderful tasting berries. I could decided to stick using these blackberries in the usual tested recipes, but when I would have nothing new to share with you. So I keep putting on my "positive thinking hat" on how to use these beautiful Autumn berries.

This time I have taken inspiration from blackcurrant rum, so simply replacing the blackcurrants with blackberries, while maintaining the same ratio of fruit, sugar and rum.

During the Summer and Autumn of 2012 I have so fare been making:
So I assume, that I sometime during Autumn/Winter should invite my very good friends from Horsens to a new expert tasting of these fruit alcohols, so we again can select the best tasting fruit alcohol as we also find last year, where we spend an evening selecting the best fruit alcohol of 2011.

Stay turned for more new posting to how to use blackberries, as I keep receiving blackberries.

Blackberry rum: - 0.6 l rum
  • 225 g blackberries
  • 225 g sugar
  • 0.6 l rum (light)
Blackberry rum right after starting it
  1.  Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
  2. Fill the bottle with cleaned blackberries.
  3. Add sugar afterwards.
  4. Fill the bottle up with rum (light).
  5. Close the bottle.
  6. Place in a dark place.
  7. Shake the bottle regular to dissolve the sugar, which is placed at bottom.
  8. Be patient !!!!! The blackberry rum should be drinkable around Christmas time !!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...