December 04, 2012

Christmas Calendar 2012 Day 4 - marzipan role with alcoholic fruit



So what did I need the alcoholic fruit from the various fruit alcohols, which I separated yesterday, for ?

Well, I needed the fruit pieces to make a new type of Christmas Candy (known as julekonfekt in Denmark), which I have never tested out before. Instead of the usual marzipan role with an inner core of soft nougat, I decided to replace the nougat core with mashed alcoholic fruit.
I have noticed, when I knead alcoholic fruit pieces together with marzipan followed by coating with chocolate, it can take quiet a long time before the chocolate will actually dry. So my thought was to cover the alcoholic fruit with marzipan on the outside for a faster drying of the chocolate coating. And it did actually work very good.
Ready to role

Marzipan role with alcoholic fruit:  - 1 big role

  • 300 g marzipan
  • 225 g alcoholic blackberries
  • 50 g alcoholic raspberries
  • 50 g dark chocolate

  1. Start by rolling the marzipan thin. I sprinkle with icing sugar below and on top of the marzipan and move it around after some rolling movements, so it does not stick to the surface.
  2. Mash the alcoholic berries together. Add the mashed berries on top of the marzipan in a thin layer. 
  3. Role the marzipan into a role.
  4. Melt the dark chocolate. I use the microwave oven for this purpose.
  5. Coat all sides of the marzipan role with dark chocolate.



  6. The final marzipan role

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...