August 18, 2013

Rhubarb sorbet

Cup of tea ? No cup of rhubarb sorbet
The Tea Time Treat for this month of Summer is hosted by Kate from What Kate Baked (being the hostess of the virtual tea table), and she has selected a very relevant theme in form ice creams, jellies and chilled desserts. And I right away set my heart on making ice cream as a celebration of Summer time. Well it is more correctly to refer to my contribution for this virtual tea time table as a sorbet, as the recipe is containing no milk or dairy cream at all, and therefore can not be referred to as ice cream !

I have keeping this specific recipe as a clipping for some years or more without getting around to make, so I grab this opportunity to make it for this blogging event. I have no clue, where I originally have found this recipe, but it is coming from a Danish magazine of some kind. 
Rhubarb harvest from the garden in Horsens

At the same time it was something of challenge to make this rhubarb sorbet, as the rhubarbs after a long and very sunny July here in Denmark withour any rain for the majoirty of one month have given up in most gardens. The rhubarbs in my own garden are done for this year, and most of my work colleagues were in the same situation. However, a short sms to my very good friends in Horsens turned out very positive, as they were able to support me and thereby the virtual tea table with plenty of rhubarb stems, which I could come and pick on my way home from work :-) 


The rhubarb sorbet has a refreshing and rich wonderful taste of rhubarb.

The Tea Time Table is a monthly blogging event managed  Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked.

Rhubarb sorbet:
  • 500 g rhubard stems - cut into small pieces
  • 250 g water
  • 125 g sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of glucose syrup
Rhubarb sorbet ready to be placed in the freezer
  1. Boil the rhubarb pieces, water and sugar together, untill the rhubarbs pieces have cooked out.
  2. Blend the entire rhubarb mass together with glucose syrup.
  3. Cold down this rhubarb mix for min 4 hours or night over in the refrigerator.
  4. Meanwhile cool down the ice cream machine bowl in the freezer.
  5. Run the rhubarb mix on the ice cream machine for 25 minutes.
  6. Place the rhubarb sorbet in the freezer.

4 comments:

  1. Rhubarb is one of y favourite fruit! What a delicious, refreshing sorbet this must ave been Kiki- thank as always for entering TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kate,

      always a pleasure being invited for the tea table :-)And this rhubard sorbet has a great fresh taste.

      Kirsten

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous. I'm a big fan of rhubarb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the rhubarb fan club, where I am a member as well :-) Kiki

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...