September 21, 2013

Apple Financiers


I have got this recipe in form of a promotional post card in connection with the release of baking book called "Meyers Bageri" by Claus Meyer 2-3 years ago. And the card has been standing looking at me since when, however now was the time to bake these cakes for the Apple Afternoon Tea. By the way I have no idea how to pronounce, I keep trying to pronounce the name in French style, do you have a clue how to pronounce "Financiers" ?

Reading the description as to how the cakes should be created, I have the impression, that the cake dough should be stirred gently by hand. So here I decided to do my own way, so I used my electrical whipper, only whipping until the dough look homogeneous and when I stopped and add in the next ingredients. If you plenty of arm muscles you can just use a spoon for mixing together the dough !!! And I will use my electrical whipper, as I have no arm muscles, even though I do water aerobic once a week and am rowing 2-3 times every week !!!!

These Apple Financiers are as well containing something like 20 g butter for each cake, which means that you will get approx 23% of your "fat ration" being female calculated by the GDA (Guideline Daily Amounts) formula. And when I have calculated in the fat coming from the almonds, eggs and marzipan. So if you are terrified of fat, you should by no means even try to bake these cake in your own kitchen. If you are strong believer in "plenty of butter", which is cake fulfilling your butter dreams :-)

Apple Financiers: - 15 cakes
  • 250 g butter - soft
  • 250 g sugar
  • 125 g marzipan - grated
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 190 g whole almond - blended into flour
  • 50 g (cake) flour
  • 1-2 apples - cored, peeled and finely chopped
  1. Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
  2. Mix marzipan and sugar well together
  3. Add the soft butter into this sugar-marzipan mix, I used an electrical whipper in order to get a homogeneous mix.
  4. Add the egg yolks, followed by whipping. Add the whole egg, one by one, followed by whipping after each egg.
  5. Finally add in the flour and almond flour, and whip again.
  6. Fill the cake dough into smaller paper muffin forms.
  7. Afterwards push down apple pieces on the top of the cake dough.
  8. Place the muffin form on the baking tray, which is place in the middle of the oven.
  9. Bake the cakes at 200'C for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...