October 01, 2014

Welcome to October 2014


Welcome to October 

Autumn really has arrived here in Denmark with quiet some misty, foggy and rainy days, so I am spending much time inside. Even Hannibal the Cat stems to be changing his behaviour pattern, as he has been spending the last couple of night sound asleep in the bedroom instead of being outside hunting, and when he is outside during the daytime doing what ever a cat is doing being outside.

October is still a big apple month in my garden just as September is. The Phillipa apple is maturing during September, whereas Inger Marie apple will be matured sometime during October.

Another big produce of October is potatoes. In the "good old days" the school children have having one week of vacation in October, so they could help getting the potatoes in from the fields, so I think I will have focus on potatoes here in October as theme for me and my old kitchen.

So let share some potatoes recipes with you as inspiration :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...