August 02, 2015

Orange sauce



The sweet finishing touch for my birthday Summer tapas was this almond cake served together with orange sauce. The original recipe can be found in the cooking book "Politikens bog om tapas" by Anne Hjernøe.

I made no changes to the originale recipe. Another time I think I will be twist the taste by addition of some orange zest in this sauce.

I served the remaning orange sauce together with yogurt.

Orange sauce:

  • 2 oranges - peeled and diced roughly
  • 100 g sugar
  1. Bring the orange pieces and sugar to the boiling point in a small cooking pot.
  2. Let the orange sauce gently boil, until most of the water content has been reduced. It took around 20 minutes.
  3. Serve this orange sauce to the almond cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...