August 27, 2016

Twist bread with butter and marple syrup



The annual barbecue evening for the girl friends demands, that we ends the evening by baking twist breads. This year I used this recipe on Politiken twist bread as inspiration with my own twists.

I decided to add some marple syrup as the use of marple syrup in favourite bread of mine manitoba bread with marple syrup gives some extra to the taste, which I think comes of the caramelisation during the baking process. I did not find the taste note in these twist breads, which could be due to, that baking is more severe during the baking in fan oven at 250'C.

I also decided to add some chai sugar to boost the spicyness. I think could have used 1 teaspoon instead of 3/4 teaspoon, but I was uncertain, if the chai would have been to dominating. Instead of chai sugar you could use cinnamone.

I really liked the texture of the twist bread, so I think I will use the basic dough for coming twist bread baking.

I have been buying these sticks for baking twist breads, which some of my girl friends have been very disapproving of, as they wanted to bake their twist bread on the traditional wood sticks. Finally this year I heard a very positive comment concerning the sticks. When the twist bread is taken off the stick, the inner core is actually baked as well compared to the traditional wood stick, perhaps due to the metallic part of these twist bread sticks. 

Any leftover twist bread dough can be baked at buns afterwards at 220'C for 15-20 minutes.


Twist bread with butter and marple syrup: - 8 twist bread
  • 300 g milk
  • 10-15 g yeast
  • 500 g wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 50 g marple syrup
  • 3/4 teaspoon chai sugar - opitional
  • 25 g butter - diced
  1. Heat up the milk, until it is finger warm,
  2. Dissolve the yeast in the milk. Pour in the marple syrup.
  3. Add wheat flour, sugar and salt in the mixing bowl on the stand alone mixer.
  4. Mix at speed 2 for 1 minute.
  5. Crumble the butter pieces into the flour part using your hands.
  6. Add in the milk part in the flour part.
  7. Mix at speed 2 for 6-8 minutes.
  8. Cover the mixing bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rest for 2-4 hours at room temperature, until it is time for baking the twist bread.
  9. Divide the dough into smaller portions, and roll each piece into a long piece, which when is twisted around the stick.
  10. Hold the stick with dough over bonfire glows or barbecue charcoals.
  11. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the twist bread easily can be removed from the stick.
  12. Fill the hole in the twist bread with jam, speculoos, Nutella or chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...