September 05, 2016

Apple walnut scones


I better make a good start of my September theme of apple, so therefore I have been creating these scones with apple and walnut inside using the scone recipe, which I got during my recent afternoon tea course at Women Institute of Denham. I will later share this classic scone recipe with you as well as tell you more about the actual afternoon tea course.

I used a plain eating knife to stir everything together into a homogeneous mass using the advise of one of the course participants, which I meet at the afternoon tea course.

Apple walnut scones: - 9 scones
  • 275 g (cake) flour
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 25 g sugar
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 50 g (salted) butter - diced into smaller pieces
  • 150 g milk
  • 1 apple - cut into smaller pieces
  • 30 g walnuts - medium diced
  • milk or egg for glazing
  1. Heat up the fan oven to 200'C.
  2. Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the butter pieces and rub the butter into the flour mix, until it look like fine breadcrumbs,
  4. Add the milk, apple and walnuts. Combine it into a homogeneous looking mass using a eating knife.
  5. Leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes. 
  6. Press the scone dough into a height of 3-4 cm. 
  7. Use a small cutter or glass to cut out the scones, which is placed on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
  8. Glaze the scones with milk or whipped egg.
  9. Bake at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
  10. Cold down on a baking rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...