October 25, 2016

Scary Halloween cookies with liquorice


I have found this recipe on scary Halloween cookies with liquorice in the monthly magazine of Samvirke (issue Oktober 2016). And when I saw this recipe I knew at once, that I should bake these cookies for the afternoon after the cultural expedition together with my good friends from Horsens. These cookies combined the word "scary" and liquorice, where my use of liquorice can scare my good friends from Horsens !!!

When tasting these cookies my good friends from Horsens were not scared at all ! The taste of liquorice was almost "invisible", so next time I will add in some more liquorice. You could taste the liquorice, when you were bitting into a pice of the liquorice (Heksehyl).

I have made one modification to the recipe, as I have replace the dark chocolate with milk chocolate, as I personally prefers milk chocolate much more than dark chocolate.

Halloweeb cookies with liquorice:
  • 250 g brown sugar
  • 150 g butter - soft
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon liquorice syrup
  • 250 g (cake) wheat flour
  • 125 g milk chocolate - roughly diced
  • 130 g liquroice Heksehyl - roughly diced
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  1. Whip butter, brown sugar and liquorice syrup together for 5 minute at speed 2 on a stand-alone mixer.
  2. Add in the egg, and whip for another 2 minutes at speed 2.
  3. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, diced chocolate and diced Heksehyl.
  4. Stir by hand this flour mix into the sugar-egg-butter mix. Until stir until the mass is homogeneous.
  5. Divide the cookie mass into 2 portion, which is place on cling film. Press the cookie dough into roll shape, cover it with the cling film, and roll the dough into equal size.
  6. Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for minimum 8 hour or up to 2-3days.
  7. Heat up the oven to 170-180'C (fan).
  8. Slice the cookie rolls into slices of 1½ cm, which is placed on baking trays covered with baking paper.
  9. Bake the cookie at 170-180'C for 15 minutes.
  10. Cool down the cookies.
  11. Store the cookies in air tight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...